Restart School Plan of Action
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
Student Health Protocols:
- All families should do a daily self-evaluation of their scholar prior to coming to school or boarding school transportation.
- All scholars will undergo temperature checks prior to entering the campus, during lunch time, and at the end of the school day.
- All scholars will be instructed on methods to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 at school.
- All scholars should practice appropriate social distancing, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
- All scholars should regularly wash their hands when reporting to school and after using the restroom.
- All scholars will be trained on proper handwashing techniques and participate in scheduled hand-washing times throughout the day.
- All scholars should maintain 6 feet distancing from others. If this is not possible, face covering should be worn.
- All scholars will be provided a face mask, covering nose and mouth, while in indoor common spaces.
Employee Health Protocols:
- All Arrow Academy employees will be required to complete a self-screening daily.
- All employees shall know, understand and practice methods to protect themselves and others form COVID-19 at work.
- All employees must practice appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
- All employees shall regularly wash their hands when reporting to work and after using the restroom.
- All employees shall maintain 6 feet distancing from others. If this is not possible, face covering must be worn.
- All employees shall use non-medical grade face masks, covering nose and mouth, while in indoor common spaces.
- Employees who return to work after exhibiting fever shall have their temperature taken at work; for three consecutive days.
- Multiple entry points will be established
- Scholars will report straight to cafeteria if eating breakfast and morning engagement area if they choose not to eat breakfast.
- All areas of the building (gym, cafeteria, larger classrooms, common areas, etc.) will be utilized to limit the size of student groupings
- Multiple exit points will be established. Campuses will implement staggered dismissal procedures.
- Scholars will be released straight from their classroom whenever possible.
- The transitioning of our scholars will be limited during the school day.
- Scholars will have a campus schedule designed to limit student transitioning during the school day.
- Scholars will remain with a cohort of students throughout the day to limit exposure to other scholars and staff.
- Considerations will be made at all levels based on our scholars’ needs.
All child nutrition staff will use PPE while performing job responsibilities and will be trained to practice health and hygiene regulations. To ensure the safety of scholars and staff, no outside food deliveries will be accepted. Visitors will not be allowed during breakfast/lunch times.
As a response to COVID, Arrow Academy encourages all families, with the ability to do so, to transport children to and from school. Bus transportation will be offered; however, the number of transported scholars may compromise the ability to socially distance. For this reason, scholars utilizing bus transportation will be required to utilize face coverings.
- Scholars will be required to pre-register for designated bus stops by August 13, 2020 in order to ensure transportation services.
- Bus seating will be assigned with scholars from the same family sitting together.
- All scholars will use hand sanitizer upon boarding the bus.
- All bus drivers will wear face covering.
- All scholars will need to use non-medical grade face masks, covering nose and mouth while riding the bus.
- Each bus will be sanitized between routes.
- Transportation staff will be trained in proper sanitation procedures.
- Encourage families to transport their children to and from school
- All Arrow Academy campuses will operate on a modified schedule to limit student transitioning during the instructional day.
- Multiple entry and exit points to encourage social distancing.
- Temperature checks prior to entering campus.
- Hand sanitizer stations at every entry.
- When needed, student gatherings will be held outdoors.
- Students will be grouped in cohorts.
- Use of plexiglass dividers on tables and desks.
In the classroom setting:
- Scholars will be seated with as much separation as feasible without disrupting the educational experience. Masks will be encouraged if students are not able to social distance.
- All instructional seating will have appropriate shields in place for individual separation.
Health and Hygiene Practices:
- Hand sanitizer stations will be at the entrances of each campus. Hand hygiene will be provided in classroom settings where feasible.
- Campuses will have structured times for student hand washing.
- Scholars and staff will be instructed in proper handwashing techniques.
- Scholars and staff will be trained in proper health hygiene and disease transmission prevention measures.
Campus Cleaning Plan:
- Campuses will be cleaned throughout the instructional day.
- Custodial staff will be realigned to allow for ongoing cleaning of touch surfaces during the instructional day.
- Classrooms will be equipped for cleaning between changing student groups.
Use of Masks:
- The use of non-medical grade face coverings will be made available to students.
- Face coverings will be required while riding the bus.
- Any visitors to the campus during the school day will be required to wear a face covering.
- To limit exposure, informal campus visits will be restricted, including during meal time.
- Essential meetings will be done by appointment or through a virtual format.
- In the event an individual visits a campus, they must pass a screener with temperature monitoring to access a school campus.
- To ensure the safety of scholars and staff, no outside food deliveries will be accepted (i.e. food, gifts, doordash, etc.)
- Until further notice, there will be no large student assemblies.