Thank you so much for sharing your child (children) with us this year. While it would be so easy to focus on the less enjoyable parts of the year like wearing masks, social distancing and virtual learning, let’s end the year with some celebrations!
The first being, we made the best of the wearing masks, social distancing and virtual learning yet still made way for the fun stuff and the important stuff like learning. Please allow me to share these celebrations with you:
- 83% of our Kindergartners made over a year’s academic growth as measured by the MAP tests!
- All of our Kindergartners will be reading on level by the first of June!
- Our 2nd/3rd graders had the largest % of academic growth shown in the last 5 years!
- 81% of our 6th graders met or exceeded the MAP Math growth measures.
- Our health safety measures worked! Staff and student positive Covid cases were at a minimum.
- Our Partnership with the Prairie View Texas A&M Extension Office allowed our kids to experience hatching baby chicks in an incubator and planting a garden. Both the littles and the older students engaged in research so they could understand each step of the hatching process.
- In PE, students wore Fitbits to document enough steps to walk across Texas.
- All of our teachers successfully completed the University of Texas Blended Learning Course.
- With the help of Melissa Salmon and her team of Juice Plus supporters, many of our students experience growing lettuce in our Tower Garden and were provided Juice Plus Gummies.
- SOS had its first ever virtual Art Show.
- All of our students enjoyed working with the Blinn College Dental Hygienist.
- Our student enrollment remained high in spite of the pandemic.
- Arrow Academy’s re-enrollment and registrations has reached the highest number ever for May 1st. We have had to create a wait-list for third graders. Hopefully, we get enough students on the waitlist to add another section of 3rd
- We opened a Game Room for our students! We added two PS4’s and tons of games and art projects.
Enrollment has been opened for next year. Thank you so much for re-enrolling your children at SOS Arrow Academy. We have the strongest enrollment we have ever had. Our data says that if students remain with us for more than two years they score above grade level on the MAP and STAAR assessments. Please tell all your friends and neighbors about us. We are currently focused on increasing our Kinder through Second Grade enrollment.
We are already planning and looking forward to the 2021 – 2022 school year. Our staff has made commitments to several training days in the summer so we are the very best we can be for your children. As always, our focus is on relationships first.
Have a fun and safe summer